Estonian education technology companies and institutions will be presented at the virtual education show BettFest on 20th to 22nd January. Mart Laidmets, the Secretary-General of the Ministry of Education and Research of Estonia, gives a speech in the conference programme on 21st January.
Update: Great news! We are delighted and honoured that the Education and Youth Board of Estonia is the finalist of the BettAwards 2021 in the Global Showcase award for International EdTech Programme of the Year category!
“Participating in the BettFest provides an excellent opportunity for Estonian education to showcase its success stories and support educational technology companies in conquering new markets,” said Mart Laidmets, the Secretary-General of Ministry of Education and Research.
Estonia is represented at the virtual fair by solutions such as higher education admissions’ software DreamApply, a software for pre-primary education institutions ELIIS and gamification solutions Futuclass and ALPA Kids, and Tallinn University.
“Participating in international shows and fairs is an excellent opportunity for companies to showcase their solutions and find new contacts and costumers. Estonian education technology companies have smart and future-oriented solutions helpful for shaping education systems of the future,” explained Kristel Mõistus, the project manager of Education Estonia. “It is important to share Estonia’s experiences and know-how as one,” she added, expressing hope that soon it is possible to attend international events and fairs also physically.
The conference programme’s focus on future education
A virtual conference programme focuses on education management, digital inclusion and future education. Nick Gibb (Minister of State for School of the UK), Barbara Holzapfel (VP of Microsoft), Bruce Daisley (former VP of Twitter) and other representatives of schools and technology companies are on the agenda.
Mart Laidmets will give a speech on Thursday, 21st January at 4:25PM (EET, 2:25PM GMT) which focuses on the digital solutions in education.
Companies and institutions representing Estonia
- DreamApply is a student recruitment system for higher education institutions that launched in 2011. The company cooperates with more than 100 institutions around the world.
- ELIIS is an online software solution for pre-schools and kindergartens that includes numerous teachers, parents and headmasters for handling large amounts of paperwork, reporting and feedback. More than 1000 pre-schools in Europe have joined ELIIS.
- Futuclass is an interactive virtual reality educational game that makes learning science fun. The solution supports parents and teachers with lesson plans and guiding plans.
- ALPA Kids develop educational games for pre-school and remote learning, which focuses on language, local nature and culture and supports independent development.
- Tallinn University is a competence centre offering training for teachers and educational institutions.